Chemgoddess' Rant-a-litious Blog

Monday, August 25, 2008
On this day:

Ah, Life

So another semester starts... it's a little different this time around.

Lots has been going on in my life which is part of the reason I haven't been posting. That, and I am just not loving blogging like I used to. I think having a real life has taken some of the desire away. Grad school was so horrible I needed an outlet. Now, life is pretty good. Anyway, here's what's been going on in my neck of the woods:
1. Got my first poison oak experience. It was horrible. After almost a week, I went and got a steroid shot. It was so bad at that point that the shot didn't really help. It took another week of prescription drugs to clear it up. I would have gone in sooner but it was a holiday weekend by the time I was willing to recognize the severity of my case.
2. I moved in with the bf. This has always spelled disaster for my relationships. We'll see how it plays out. So far, so good. I'm renting my house to a co-worker for the time being.
3. This semester includes a chem overload class AND a new sociology class. It's not called a sociology class but that's what it is. And I won't lie - it's kicking my ass. I thought I was fairly well prepared. NOPE! Holy shite.
4. I was biten by a brown recluse spider. The idiot doctor here (my third) diagnosed it as staph. Yeah, really fucking expensive prescription drugs and four days later now the hole in my arm is literally that - a hole! I have to make an appointment with yet another doctor to see about having the necrosed material in my arm scraped out. Can't go back to the original doctor - they won't make a follow up appointment with me until 10 days has elapsed. By then, my arm may have just given up the good fight and fallen off! IDIOTS. It's no joke that everyone goes to STL for any medical thing AT ALL. The doctors here will kill you if you give them a chance!
5. It turns out that driving down a gravel road every day is hard on your tires. Hmmph. I know now and if my car would be kind enough not to have a flat tire every week I promise to drive slower. It's already Monday and I don't have a flat so things are looking good. *snicker*
6. Went to my first truck pull on Friday. It's exactly what it sounds like.
7. I'm going to my first hunter safety class tonight. I am sooo not excited.
8. Who knew... I kind of like riding 4 wheelers. Yes mom, I feel shame.
9. Preseason Rams games are actually a lot of fun and it's nice to have a bunch of room around you instead of a stadium that is packed to the gills.
10. I learned that boats may have two weep holes and that BOTH must be plugged or the boat will sink... with your purse and everything in it.
11. It turns out that some people actually live life just like that song "I wanna search you for ticks". And for good reason. Those little fuckers will bury into your skin ANYWHERE. It's gross.
12. The house painting this season was nearly zero. Between the sister's wedding, trip to vegas, and moving not much has been going on in that department. The bf promises to put in a quality weekend of work with me over Labor Day weekend.
13. I like dating A MAN. I didn't realize that up until now I always dated guys. Guys don't have a spine. They don't know how to do shit. My new man does. It's very refreshing. I cannot believe that I may have found the love of my life in this backwater place. Truely scary. Eh, who knows though. It may blow up in a firery ball of shit. Trying to stay positive...
14. I'm already looking forward to Christmas. Is that wrong?
15. I'm trying to find a team for pool league. The softball league team was a lot of fun and I want to keep having a "thing" for a weekday evening that is social and fun without being a lot of work.
16. One of my best friends moved to NYC (I am so jealous) and the other one is off birth control (I am so not jealous).
I guess in summary:
Country life is killing me - I hate chiggers, ticks, mosquitoes, spiders, poison oak, poison ivy, and gravel.
The summer has been fun - I boated, 4 wheelered, traveled (3x), played softball, golf, and horseshoes, grew a garden, and moved into a place that actually has the potential to feel like 'home'.
I'll probably post again in, say, 4 more months. Guess that means look for a post around the holidays. Hope everyone else's life is good!

1 Comments:

  • "It may blow up in a firery ball of shit."

    You little optimist, you!

    I'm glad it has the potential to feel like home at the bf's. Sorry the house never did that for you.

    How did you turn into a truck-pullin', beer guzzlin', trailer dwellin' woman???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment