Chemgoddess' Rant-a-litious Blog

Friday, January 04, 2008
On this day:

Back in 2006...

Back at the beginning of 2006 there was a general meme-type thing going around the blogsphere on New Year's resolutions. The idea was to come up with 50 resolutions. I did that and then never looked at the list again. So, two years later, I'm checking in with it... and leaving comments. * means I accomplished the goal at some point in the last 2 years or I am currently doing whatever it is. Strike throughs mean that they became obsolete for some reason (mainly leaving the ex). And a ! means that in 24 months I still couldn't manage to get on top of that resolution and it will be added to the new list this year. Here we go...

50 Resolutions/Promises/Plans:
* 1. Eat healthier
* 2. Go to the gym at least three times a week but try for four or five
* 3. Lose weight (see #1 and #2)
! 4. Vacuum and dust regularly - not just when it is so gross I can't stand it
* 5. Paint the bathrooms
* 6. Help finish the basement
* 7. Create library of the WoodWorks series
! 8. Bite my tongue even more often (as current amount is clearly still not enough)
* 9. Stop wallowing in bed
* 10. Drink less soda pop
11. Go on a cruise with best friend for "bachelorette" party
* 12. Call and/or write friends and family more often
*/! 13. Send b-day cards
* 14. Get a new hairstyle
! 15. Start using anti-wrinkle skin care products (starting to notice those blasted "fine lines")
* 16. Finish crocheting both afghans
17. Blog on less superficial topics now that I have time to keep up on current events more fully
* 18. Learn more html programming
* 19. Read more books
! 20. Go camping
21. Make gift for bf's mom before next xmas
* 22. Find 10 great recipes for meals that are extremely tasty AND healthy
23. Participate in the Canadian Birkebeiner
! 24. Learn to ballroom dance (with my partner)
* 25. Take a vested interest in the elections
* 26. Turn the olympics off when they are featuring sports I don't really enjoy watching (can anyone say "curling"?) to stop wasting my time
* 27. Paint the closets
28. Get to know my bf's eldest niece better - I think she could use the 'adult friend'
* 29. Enjoy the "good things" more
* 30. Send copies of my degree confirmation to a few people who should know I finally finished
! 31. Relearn my French
32. Go to Vancouver or Seattle (since I am now within driving range)
!! 33. Be more patient
! 34. Volunteer to do something that isn't self-serving
* 35. Consolidate my e-mail accounts (I currently have 7)
* 36. Update my address book - both snail mail and electronic
* 37. Help my bf finally get the office completely cleaned up and organized before he moves it all to the basement and it (inevitably) gets worse
38. Write a kick-ass maid-of-honor speech and practice until it doesn't make me become a blithering crying idiot by the end
39. Play ultimate in the summer league and NOT get hurt
* 40. Join some sort of club (reading, knitting, etc.) where I can make my 'own' friends
*/! 41. Be more understanding
! 42. Jump out of a plane
* 43. Relax and pamper myself but do not let it get to the point of sloth
! 44. Finish the projects that are already started and try not to start too many new ones
! 45. Learn to enjoy, or at least tolerate, driving at granny speed (the only speed allowed up here!)
* 46. Get a job
! 47. Write a novel (NaNoWiRe anyone?)
* 48. Find a good salon here
* 49. Show my love to my family and friends
! 50. Check this list regularly to see how I am doing

Not terribly bad. Did a lot of things, made progress on some, and completely sucked on a few. My new list is in the works. Check back for that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment