Chemgoddess' Rant-a-litious Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2007
On this day:

An Email Forward

Just warning you... I got this as a forwarded email thing. These normally drive me nuts. I know many other people feel the same way. Therefore, you are warned and may feel free to skip on. I thought that the writer made an interesting point. Here's the total of it minus the tag line at the bottom about sending it on to everyone you've ever known.

"Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem. What I Do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who Don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I Do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ASS, doing drugs, while I work. . Can you imagine how much money the state wou ld save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?"

1 Comments:

  • I believe the Republicans came up with this idea in Michigan a few years back.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment