Chemgoddess' Rant-a-litious Blog

Sunday, November 04, 2007
On this day:

St. Louis Trip

I spent too much money. That could be the only sentence for this blog entry and it would sum up the entire trip.

First, I went with some friends but the person who drove decided that we would be much more comfortable in her Expedition. Damn. My share of the gas was almost as much as if I had driven alone in my own 4 cylinder.

I bought 2 (!!!) new pairs of gym shoes. One pair of running shoes and one pair of cross trainers. I had been having problems with my ankles rolling when I was doing the leg press. I need more stability in the shoe than you get in a running shoe. And my running shoes were on month 4 and starting to not cushion like they should. After using the new ones for a week I can say with certainty that they are faboo!

I bought a new watch. My old one disappeared some time ago. I hate not having a watch. The only problem is that whenever I get cheap watches, the battery always dies within a few weeks of purchase. This bad-luck phenomenon requires I spend more money than is reasonable for what is really just an (unneeded) accessory given all the clocks in my life. I only look at the watch when I am golfing.

I bought some professional clothes. I muddled through last winter wearing sweaters that were way too thick for this area. It doesn't really get cold here. Now I have clothes that are more lightweight.

I bought a new golf glove and some tees. My old one has a hole in the palm area and I was down to five tees. I also got some new balls. Those I didn't really need. But they are way cool! My set also came with purple and white.
I bought some toys for the cats. I am excited about one of them in particular. The boy cat isn't much for interactive play. Well, I think I figured out the problem. He likes noise! The feather wands and boas are quiet. I got a boa thing with a bell - well - there is no stopping him!

We also ate out every meal. More money. Oh, and went to a comedy club. That was fantastic. I really enjoyed myself.

Not much else to report. It's been a busy week and I know when the credit card bill shows up I will have a minor coronary but for now the shoes are way comfy and supportive, the watch is being used more (now that I have adjusted to having one again), the cats are exercised well, I look good on the job, and the golf balls (particularly pink) are really easy to track. All is fairly good in chemgoddess world. Until I write again...

1 Comments:

  • Someone is getting quite lazy about blogging... just saying.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment