Chemgoddess' Rant-a-litious Blog

Tuesday, October 02, 2007
On this day:

House Update

Oooh, look at the pretty trees... that are entirely WAAAAY to close to the house.







Bu-bye trees, hello nasty peeling paint.




And post scraping with big scraper, sanding with 60 grit, scraping with razor blade, sanding with 100 grit, washing with TSP, rinsing with water and SIX tubes of new caulking....



And voila! Now with a coat of primer and two coats of paint...





Obviously, there is still a lot of house left but at least this is progress. And I don't think the pictures do the color justice. I am not home in the mornings (ever) and it is shaded when I take the pictures in the afternoon. Anyway, that's how it is coming along. You can also see the next section which I have started scraping. I hope the saying is true... slow and steady wins the race.

3 Comments:

  • I personally like the picture where you can see all those cinder blocks. Haha

    -Deine Schwester

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:55 PM  

  • It may not feel like it to you, but you have made TREMENDOUS progress! I didn't realize how huge your house was until I started watching the painting progress. I would think the weather there in BF will hold at least until Thanksgiving. You are going to love it when it is done!

    I don't miss the trees.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 PM  

  • It's been 12 days since the last post, man! Your readers demand more of you.

    By Blogger Kate, at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment